The Top 10 Auto Repair Chains for 2023
1. The headquarters of the car body and glass franchise Abra car Body & Glass are located in Brooklyn Park, Minnesota. It restores damaged cars, with a focus on paintless dent removal, accident repair, and auto glass replacement.
In 1984, Roland D. Benjamin established Abra Auto Body & Glass, originally known as ABRA Auto Body. With 92 franchises in the US as of right now, it started franchising in 1987.
Abra Auto Body & Glass has expanded through a nationwide network of auto body repair shops because of its commitment to provide consumers with excellent auto repairs through quality workmanship, exceptional service, and attention to detail.
In 2019, it joined the Driven Brands family, establishing itself as a viable option for franchise owners and business owners in the car repair sector.
2. With its main office located in Bloomfield Hills, Michigan, Auto-Lab Complete Car Care is a network of one-stop shops that focuses on significant auto repairs. In addition, it provides services including tire sales, tire alignment, oil changes, engine repairs, and more.
In 1989, car-Lab Complete Car Care was established in Sturgis, Michigan, as a single car repair shop. It expanded swiftly to include five sites. It started franchising in 1992 and had 19 franchises operating in the US as of 2022.
Promising as a business model for entrepreneurs looking to make great contributions in their communities, Auto-Lab comprehensive Car Care is driven by its commitment to and concentration on comprehensive car repair while yet maintaining a specialty in the most technologically sophisticated diagnostic services.
3. Bumper Man is a mobile vehicle repair company with its main office located in Mesquite, Texas. Its locations provide fleet managers and auto dealerships with prompt and practical on-site bumper repair services.
Since its founding in 1993 by Jeff and Tanya Bramblett, Bumper Man has provided services to more than 8,000 dealerships. Since it started franchising in 2000, there are now 125 franchises spread over 42 US states.
The company’s commitment to quality, efficiency, and affordability is what drives its ongoing growth. It offers people, car rentals, body shops, and vehicle dealerships a great chance to differentiate themselves in the market by starting and growing their own potential auto repair businesses.
4. The main office of the Car-X chain of vehicle repair stores is located in Schaumburg, Illinois. It provides standard upkeep and motor repairs, including tire replacements, brake repairs, and oil changes.
A group of seasoned muffler shop owners established Car-X in 1971 as an exhaust expert. With 95 franchised locations and 57 company-owned locations as of 2020, it has developed into one of the top automobile service specialists in the nation.
Car-X is a prominent player in the expanding automotive repair industry, owing to its unwavering dedication to quality and technological progress. It’s the perfect opportunity for business growth, with reliable processes, a solid reputation, and exceptional, customer-focused entrepreneurs.
5. Driven Brands is the owner of the Carstar chain of collision repair facilities, which has its headquarters located in Charlotte, North Carolina.
Lirel Holt created it in 1989.
Franchises provide paintless dent treatment, storm damage restoration, vehicle detailing, financing choices, and accident help among other auto body repair services.
Carstar launched its franchise program in 1989 and currently operates more than 750 stores across the US and Canada.
6. Christian Brothers Automotive is a Houston, Texas-based American full-service auto repair firm.
Mark Carr launched the chain in 1982. It runs car repair facilities where it provides services like air conditioning, brakes, oil and filter changes, tune-ups, and scheduled maintenance.
Having started franchising in 1996, Christian Brothers Automotive now boasts more than 250 locations across the United States.
7. Fix Auto USA is a network of franchised body shops that provides US car owners with auto collision repair services.
Based in California, the automotive company was founded in 1997 by accident repair specialists Erick and Shelly Bickett.
Fix Auto USA, an affiliate of Driven Brands, offers a comprehensive array of services, encompassing collision, fender, dent, paint, windshield, and bumper repairs.
In 2011, the business introduced its franchising network. In the US, Fix Auto USA now runs 170 franchisees.
8. GoMobile Tires is a Portland, Oregon-based company of full-service mobile tire stores. It provides a range of services to customers at their residences, places of business, or recreational areas, including tire purchases, installations, TPMS, flat repairs, and tire rotations.
Founded in 2018, GoMobile Tires started franchising in 2019. It was represented in more than 16 US states by 2022, and it intended to increase the number of mobile vans in its fleet.
In the multibillion dollar tire sector, the GoMobile Tires franchise is a viable venture that offers entrepreneurs looking for a modern approach to tire services flexible and customer-oriented business prospects.
9. The headquarters office of the vehicle repair and maintenance chain Honest-1 vehicle Care is located in St. Petersburg, Florida. It provides a comprehensive range of auto repair and maintenance services, including air conditioning, tune-ups, brake and engine repairs, transmission servicing, oil changes, and preventative maintenance.
Founded in 2003, Honest-1 Auto Care started franchising that same year and by the end of 2022, it had 62 franchises and over 60 facilities across the US. Over time, Honest-1 Auto Care has developed into a comprehensive one-stop shop offering family-friendly facilities and superior customer care for all automotive maintenance and repairs.
10. Driven Brands is the owner of Maaco, an American franchisor of collision repair and vehicle paint shops with its main office located in Charlotte, North Carolina.
After selling the rights to AAMCO Transmission Inc., Anthony A. Martino and Daniel Rhode started the chain in 1972.
Its franchises provide a range of services, including helping individual car owners and fleet managers with chips, dents, and dings.
Maaco started franchising in 1972 and currently has 425 stores across the US and Canada.
Back to Blog