The Value of Dealership-Specific Word-of-Mouth Promotion
Dealerships for new and used cars can greatly benefit from word-of-mouth (WOM) advertising. More so than they trust the car dealer itself, people tend to believe what customers have to say about a dealership and its inventory. The reason WOM marketing is so effective is because it was the first kind of marketing that ever existed. It is supported by verifiable, understandable accounts of human experience. People are more likely to trust and even partially adopt someone else’s perspective when they hear about particular experiences with a product or brand from a friend, relative, coworker, or even a complete stranger. Then, those individuals may inform their friends, who may inform their friends, and so forth. You can see how WOM has a significant impact on how people perceive your car dealership’s brand. Many car dealerships agree that word-of-mouth advertising is crucial, yet few of them understand how to effectively influence their WOM. Utilize the following advice to maximize your word-of-mouth marketing.
Concentrate on the decision-makers in your target market. Manta asserts that if you successfully reach 10% of your market, the remaining 90% will learn about your brand or the product you are specializing in. Everyone has the potential to be influential, so make sure to provide prospective auto buyers with something kind to say about your dealership. You may differentiate your dealership from the competition by producing or sharing engaging material on social media, providing outstanding customer service on your lot, and offering high-quality vehicles at competitive pricing. If you don’t provide customers with conversation starters, they can forget about you or bring up another dealership. You should look for those who adore your cars and enjoy sharing their stories with friends. Introduce a referral program once you’ve identified a group of individuals who are devoted to your brand and have connections to motivate them to spread the word about it and attract consumers looking to purchase a new vehicle.
Your car dealership can also take a few further steps to enhance word-of-mouth advertising. Make sure you’re online on platforms like Google, Facebook, and Yelp so that people can leave reviews and express their adoration, advice, and dissatisfaction. Since users can express any opinion, these sources enjoy greater credibility. To show your appreciation, consider offering loyal automobile customers surprises like discounts, freebies, or thank-you notes. Create a section where people can leave feedback or submit a survey on your website, in emails, and on social media platforms to gather their thoughts on specific aspects of your business and how it functions. Don’t limit your social media efforts to attempting to garner as many impressions or followers as you can. Aim to attract devoted fans who will benefit from your dealership, and consistently offer them interesting, valuable material. The more dedicated and enthusiastic your followers are, the more positive word-of-mouth (WOM) will be about your vehicle dealership.
It can be challenging to improve the results of your dealership’s word-of-mouth advertising, and it can be even more challenging to measure. However, it’s crucial for your dealership’s profitability and the perception of your brand. If WOM has remained relevant for this long, it must be quite effective. With the aid of the Internet and social media, sharing experiences is now easier for individuals.
Back to Blog